Thanks to TV Grapevine.com, (Click for the interview conducted recently with Robyn Kass, director of casting for Big Brother 11. Careful when listening, it skips in spots.) Here’s some tidbits I pulled when listening:
– Don’t read into the show schedule itself, has nothing to do with anything in the actual game.
– The season is NOT shorter
– The promo department putting out the ads has nothing to do with casting, they have no knowledge of the cast, any twists, the show itself or the actual house.
– Great people have come in for the final interviews; die hard fans who know the show, know the game and realize that a strategy they have may have to be changed depending on who else is in the house.
– As to casting; every season there’s lots of hands stirring the pot but they’re all pretty much on the same playing field as to who should get in the house. If you don’t get picked, you did nothing wrong, you just didn’t fit in with the mix of the season and to KEEP TRYING.
– As to Dan, she said they all knew he’d be the type of player he turned out to be. He was intelligent, sneaky and is back in Michigan now teaching.
– She mentioned “L.A. Fever” that a lot of BB alumni get after the show and it usually doesn’t work out. Her best advice for after the show is to go back to your normal life.
Hope you enjoy the interview!