Big Brother fans, we have been getting teased about the upcoming casting for Big Brother 14. Robyn Kass, the casting director for Kassting, has been planting tweets (@kassting) within the past week regarding Big Brother 14 and the upcoming casting process. Earlier this week, before asking fans to tweet her reasons why they should be on the show, Robyn tweeted “Things are happening! Staffing up! Getting the new casting site set up with on line submissions! #BB14″
Well, Big Brother fans, while this is likely not the complete site Robyn promised since online submission is not yet available, we have Big Brother 14 eligibility requirements and the paper Big Brother 14 application! Ya, you read that right. You can start filling out the application and submitting it to CBS RIGHT NOW! Below, you will find the eligibility requirements for applying for Big Brother 14. After you’ve read that, click RIGHT HERE and print out the application to mail in to casting. Oh … and one more thing. Let us know if you’re applying and how badly you want this!
It’s only February, but stick to the Yak for all your Big Brother needs. We’ve got ya covered! Make sure you follow us on Twitter @YakkityYaks or on Facebook!
BIG BROTHER 14 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS/APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a time to be scheduled by the Producers in their sole discretion and at one of the
following locations nearest you listed below in this document. The Producers reserve the right to add, cancel and/or substitute other cities as interview locations.
2. If you are selected by the Producers for an interview in the Finals, you must be willing to travel to Los Angeles for approximately one week at a time as scheduled by the Producers in their sole discretion for the final selection process. Economy travel (roundtrip to and from Los Angeles and airport nearest your home in the United States), hotel accommodations and per diem will be arranged and paid for by the Producers.
3. You must be willing to live in the Big Brother house located in Los Angeles for approximately 100 days on such dates to be determined by Producers in their sole discretion with approximately a dozen strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home.
4. The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in every room of the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
5. One participant will receive the grand-prize of $500,000. (Except for the two finalists who will receive prize money, a weekly stipend will be provided for each participant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother House.) Stipend payments and prize winnings will not be paid until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show.
6. You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of the application.
7. You must be a United States citizen and live in the United States.
8. You must not now be a candidate for public office and if selected as a participant, you must agree not to become such a candidate until after the initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear.
9. You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
10. If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Los Angeles), a Medical History Form.
11. If selected as a finalist you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producers and will include among other things, affidavits, release forms and waivers for you and your immediate family. You must also submit to physical and mental examinations by Producerselected medical professional(s) in Los Angeles selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
12. By applying for participation in Big Brother, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers.
13. Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Broadcasting Inc., Our House Productions, Inc., Endemol Entertainment USA, Inc., and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother or participate in the application process. Applicants will further be chosen to create a pool of approximately forty (40) finalists. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the application
terms at anytime or to select or not select anyone at their sole discretion. The Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
Applications MUST be written clearly or typed and MUST be accompanied by a videotape. The videotape must meet the following restrictions:
1) Length: Maximum length is two (2) minutes. Anything over two minutes will not be considered.
2) Format: We will accept all formats with the exception of Hi-8, 8MM and Beta (VHS, mini DV, DVD are all welcome).
3) Content: Tell us who you are and why you would make the ultimate housemate on Big Brother. Be creative!
4) Deadline: There is no firm deadline at this time. All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials
preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one entry per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry.
Applications will only be considered if they are complete. Complete applications consist of the following:
1) Completed Application Form
2) Two-minute videotape labeled clearly with your name and city/region number.
3) Two color photographs of yourself, each clearly labeled on the back with your name and city/region number. One must be a close-up of your face, the other must be a full-length photo of your entire (clothed) body. Polaroids are acceptable as long as we can clearly see you.
4) Identification – Attach a copy of your driver’s license, in addition to a social security card, passport or birth certificate.
Send your application and videotape submission to the following address:
Big Brother (Region #___)
P.O. Box 520
11271 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
In parenthesis after “Big Brother” on the mailing label, print the region number of the city located closest to your home:
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Charleston, SC
3. New York, NY
4. Dallas, TX
5. Cincinnati, OH
6. Tampa, FL
7. San Francisco, CA
8. Nashville, TN
9. Chicago, IL
10. New Orleans, LA
11. Atlanta, GA
12. Denver, CO
13. Louisville, KY
14. Boston, MA
15. Phoenix, AZ
Unfortunately, we will not be able verify that we have received your application. If you like, you may wish to send your application package via an expedited courier (such as Fed Ex or UPS). They will provide a tracking number that you can use to verify the receipt of your package. Producers are not responsible for lost applications. If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled. Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at anytime. Producers reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire applicant pool. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.