The new season of The Amazing Race premieres Sunday night, Sept. 26 at 8:30pm EST/7:30pm CST (8:30 p.m. PST) with a special 90-minute episode on CBS. Turn on and tune in! Season 17 has beauty queens, home-shopping TV hosts and even Princeton a cappella singers. They’ll be among the mixed bag of characters who will sprint around the globe.
The 11 teams will travel over 32,000 miles, spanning four continents and 30 cities. And this season marks the show’s first visits to Bangladesh, Ghana and the Arctic Circle. But that’s not all. According to CBS, the team to finish in first place during the premiere episode will be “awarded a surprise, game-changing advantage.” Tune in Sunday night to see what that is!
The teams that will be at the starting line are:
– Miss Kentucky 2009 Mallory Ervin, competing with her father Gary
– Jewelry Television host and Miss Oregon 2004 Brook Roberts, teamed with fellow TV host Claire Champlin
– Internet comedian Kevin Wu (aka, KevJumba on YouTube) and his father Michael
– Princeton a cappella singers Connor Diemand-Yauman and Jonathan Schwartz
– Birth mother and daughter Andie DeKroon and Katie Seamon, who were recently reunited after the mother gave her newborn daughter up for adoption over 20 years ago
– Bartender Nick DeCarlo and and his girlfriend, hairstylist Vicki Casciola
– Director/choreographer Ron Kellum and best friend, Tony Stovall, a doctoral student at the University of Arizona
– New couple Chad Waltrip, an operations manager, and Stephanie Smith, a hairstylist.
– Drs. Nat Strand and Kat Chang
– Hairstylist Jill Haney and her boyfriend Thomas Wolfard, an ad sales director
– Beach volleyball partners Katie Seamon and Rachel Johnston
In the meantime watch this painful video again…OUCH!
Join the Yak for The Amazing Race live show thread, beginning tomorrow 5:30 p.m PST and 8:30 p.m. EST in the FORUM